The World Series of Poker is one of the biggest tournaments in the world. It is abbreviated as WSOP and it was officially organized in the year 1970. The WSOP bracelet plus the millions of dollars of cash prize attracts many eagle-eyed poker players from around the world. The World Series of Poker is the summit point of interest for any poker player. A mere participation in this event seems to attract pride.
Thousands of players compete in the World Series of Poker events conducted annually. The buy in ranges from $1500 to $10,000 and the player is supposed to play with the primary purchase any further in most cases. Some games allow further buy-ins or re-buy while in some games if any player did exhaust the chips, then they are not allowed to purchase any more.
If you are interested in participating in the World Series of Poker you need to know the following:-
• Pre-registration requires payment that is revised each year. You can make your payments with credit cards, debit cards, wire transfers or cashiers checks
• The pre-registration for the World Series of Poker should be done at least before 2 weeks of the beginning of the event. Registrations beyond that are not entertained.
• The participants should be at least 21 years of age and it should be validated with proof.
• Adequate identification proof like a driver’s license, passport or any other forms of valid ID cards should be produced for participation
• The prescribed value of chips should be purchased for the entry in to the events in WSOP. Cash payments are not entertained in the rounds, instead RIO chips should be purchased for payment.
• Only one entry per person is permitted for a particular round, re-entries are not allowed.
• Every participant should register by themselves with the site; third party registration on behalf of the participants is not allowed in the World Series of Poker.
• Players who have been legally limited by government norms from playing in casinos are not eligible for the WSOP games.
The many tourneys in the World Series of Poker includes almost every kind of pokers like no Limit Holdem, Seven Card Razz, Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better, Seven Card Stud Hi-Low Split-8 or Better, Seven Card Stud, No-Limit Holdem, 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball, Pot-Limit Omaha, etcetera. Just learn the odds and master the trick you may qualify for the World Series of Poker bracelet. Good Luck!